Through nearly 500 artworks of original art, sketches and concept art starting from the legendary Steamboat Willie(1928) and Snow White and the Seven Dwarfs(1937), to Frozen(2013) and the latest Moana(2016), this show will focus on the moment when life is given to the characters. It will aim to discover “The Magic of Animation” that was brought by Walt Disney and his animators’ imagination, innovation and the technology that made it all true.
- The Art of Disney - The Magic of Animation
- Saturday, June 16, 2018 to Sunday, September 30.
- 9:30 am to 5:00 pm (Entrance closes 30 minutes prior to museum closing time)
- Every Monday except July 16, August 6, September 17, September 24.
Tuesday, July 17, Tuesday, September 18, Tuesday, September 25 are also closed.
- The Miyagi Museum of Art
34-1 Kawauchi-Motohasekura, Aoba-ku, Sendai, 980-0861 Japan
- Access to Museum
- View on the access to museum page of The Miyagi Museum of Art.
- GENERAL INFORMATION BY TELEPHONE
- 022-221-2111 (9:30 am to 5:00 pm)
- Admission（tax included）
GENERAL ADVANCE PURCHASE Sales period Jun 16, 2018
Sep 30, 2018
to Jun 15, 2018 Adult ￥1,500 ￥1,300 University students ￥1,300 ￥1,100 Elementary, junior high and high school students ￥750 ￥650
- * Also valid for the Permanent Exhibition.
- Organized by
- The Miyagi Museum of Art, Miyagi Television Broadcasting Co., Ltd.
- Dai Nippon Printing Co., Ltd.
- Japan Airlines Co., Ltd., Nippon Express Co., Ltd., East Japan Railway Company Sendai Branch Office.
- Plan Cooperation
- National Museum of Emerging Science and Innovation (Miraikan).
- Special Cooperation
- The Walt Disney Company (Japan) Ltd.
- Presented by
- The Walt Disney Animation Resarch Library